Protection of Personal Information Act
Customer Privacy Notice
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2008 (“POPIA“).
At 3Gi Internet Services (and including our website, POPIAct-Compliance) we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
About the Company
Dotcom Trading 146 (PTY) LTD T/A 3Gi Internet Services
The information we collect
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements, delivering of services accordingly, and billing.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
- To gather contact information;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy, and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
Destruction or deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information after 3 months. We will however remove any personal information after 90 days once the account has been closed; Digital information will be removed from the Database, from the storage environment. Any hard copies/documents we may hold will be shred before discarding. Backup of digital information will remain for a period of 185 days before recycling of backup information.
Definition of Personal Information
According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, 3Gi Internet Services also includes the following items as personal information:
- Company name, Registration Number, VAT Number
- Technical contacts – name and surname
- All addresses including residential/Business, postal and email addresses.
- Contact information, Landline, VoIP, and cell phone numbers
- VoIP Phone transactions – calls received and make and duration of calls
- Banking detail – Bank Name, Account number and branch number for processing debit orders
- RICA – For which we require digital copies of your Identification Document (ID), and proof of residence (Stored as digital document).
- FICA – For which we require digital copies of your Identification Document (ID), 3 Month Bank statements and proof of income. (Stored as digital document).
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed below.
PHYSICAL: Centuria Park, Unit 8,
265 Von Willich Rd, Centurion
POSTAL: PO Box 10152, Centurion 0046
SWITCHBOARD / SALES: 012 663 2500
ACCOUNTS: 012 663 1515 FAX: 086 688 5622